While there are some things great about America, there are also a few things that are not so great. Be it child smoking, or the high rates of murders, America surely possesses some secrets and facts. In this article, we have combined some of the strangest facts about America that will leave you in a state of shock. Read along to find out more.
Strange Facts About America
- The quantity of cement that the United States of America used in the 20th century is way less than what China had used between 2011 and 2013.
- The US football coach earns much more than any other person in any other profession. Football is a favorite game of the Americans. Thus, the high rates of salary.
- The United States police killed a sum total of 1,100 people in the year 2014. The number of killings in China, Canada, and even Germany is nothing compared to this humongous number.
- According to researchers, 47 percent of the Americans do not save even 1 percent of the amount in their paychecks.
- Although the state of Alaska is 429 times greater than Rhode Island, the latter has a greater population than the former.
- In the present day, almost 40% of babies are born to unmarried parents. Shockingly enough, this rate was 5% in the year 1950.
- The poverty rates in America are comparatively higher than any other state. Households led by a married couple have a poverty rate of 6.8 percent. Besides, the poverty rate of a family led by a single mother is 37.1 percent.
- About 83% of the American men believe ‘having kids’ as a success in their chain of life events, while only 73% of women think alike.
- America has a large number of adult websites working at a full-fledged rate. The visitors of these adult websites can easily win at a high rate by the visitors of Netflix, Amazon, and Twitter put together.
- The towns in America have some of the weirdest and funny names. There is actually a town named ‘Hell’ and three towns in the US named Santa Claus. Also, Alaska was formerly known as ‘Terminus.’ Fishing up these names shows a high level of creativity for sure!
Strange American Habits
- Americans can survive on pizzas for their entire lives. The country sells a large number of pizzas all throughout the year and especially during Superbowl.
- Most of the people here like to eat on the run. Rarely do they have time to sit down for lunch or breakfasts. They usually finish their meals on their way to the office or while dropping off or picking their kids up from school.
- The Americans love to eat out! That is not because they love the dishes or hate cooking at home. They do it because it is fun. Eating out together with your family also improves bonds between people.
- If you are in America and you find a stranger making small talk with you, don’t judge him to be a weirdo. It is absolutely normal there to chat with strangers and the Americans do it a lot.
Now that you know all these strange facts about America, the country won’t appear to much strange to you when you visit. Make sure to share the just learned information with your family and friends and leave them in a shock too!